Cleaning products with ammonia or bleach should never be used on grout or natural stone. You should read the product label to insure that it does not contain ammonia or bleach. Brand name products such as Tile-X can be used for every day cleaning. Professional cleaning and sealing products, such as DuPont™ StoneTech® , can be purchased at tile retailers. Some of these cleaners are for heavy duty cleaning, and may require dilution. You should read the product label for proper mixing.
Natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, travertine, slate, sandstone and flagstone. Masonry, concrete, ceramic and porcelain tile and grout. Cement-based grout can either be sanded or non-sanded. Both varieties are absorbent and acid-sensitive.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Be sure surfaces to be cleaned are swept or vacuumed to remove loose debris. Avoid skin and eye contact with product. Wear protective eyewear and gloves when handling concentrate. Keep children and pets out of the area during application and drying.
- Apply cleaner with a damp mop, sponge or appropriate professional cleaning equipment.
- Clean entire area with mop, changing mop water often to ensure that soil is not redeposited. Rinse area with clean water.
- Let area dry completely before using.
Heavy duty cleaners or acidic cleaners will require dilution. Refer to the product label for the proper mixture depending on the intended use. Re-sealing is recommended after using such products for cleaning.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Test in a small inconspicuous area to determine required dilution and results. Be sure all surfaces to be cleaned are swept or vacuumed to remove loose debris. Avoid skin and eye contact with product. Wear protective eyewear, gloves, long sleeves, and long pants while handling concentrate. Ensure work area is well-ventilated during application and until surface is dry. Keep children and pets out of the area during application and drying. Dilute concentrated cleaner with warm water according to the directions on the product label.
- Apply mixed solution with a mop, sponge or sprayer. Avoid applying cleaner on unintended surfaces.
- Lightly rub with a scrub brush or floor machine as needed.
- Remove solution using a sponge, wet/dry vacuum or damp mop.
- Rinse area well with clean water.
- Reseal cleaned area with a suitable sealer such as DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional sealer.